My personal Journey,
which led to being a
Successful Promoter of the
Body By Vi Challenge,
a Visalus Sciences Rising Star in 19 days, BMW Qualified RD in less than 40 days, a second BMW in 8 months and earning more money monthly than I did as a full time psychotherapist in private practice, by the end of my first year promoting the Challenge
The Idea (September 10, 2010)
Have you ever noticed that ideas can percolate within your brain for long periods of time, ripening slowly until one day they become crystal clear? They begin as a vague sense that a shift is coming. Hazy plans develop in a series of action steps which move slowly towards clarity. Sometimes this process takes just a few hours. Sometimes days. Often weeks or months. In this case, a good six month have passed since the idea became clear and it’s been years since I’ve known that the shift was coming.
Eleven years ago this month I became pregnant for the first time at 40 years old. It was a sad day in February 2000 that we lost our tiny baby, still growing in my womb. After four additional unsuccessful pregnancies we made the decision to adopt. In July 2002 my husband and I were blessed with the child I’d been dreaming about for years. We held her in our arms when she was just 15 minutes old. She smiled (no it was not gas) and we knew we were the family that was meant to be.
Being the earth mother attachment parenting person that I am, I was determined to nurse my new baby.
Through a combination of herbs, drugs from Thailand, pumping and a supplemental feeder, I was able to nurse Kaia for her first 19 months of life. We had the additional gift of donated breast milk for the supplemental feeder from a whole community of new moms in our tiny town. It was truly a miracle.
In my twenties I was a weight trainer and an aerobics instructor. Remember the aerobic dance craze in the early eighties. I was there, complete with unitard, leg warmers and Reeboks. I have always been trim and fit, focused on working out along with a plethora of outdoor activities. I once even trained for a body building competition. When I married at 40 in 1999, my wedding dress (which I bought at a thrift store in a size 10 because it was the perfect simple cotton lace muslin dress of my dreams) had to be cut down and re-sized to a size 2.
Five pregnancies and a lot of lactation inducing supplements later, I no longer had the body builders body. In the intervening 8 years, life has been quite busy. We’ve built 2 houses and I transitioned from my Clinical Psychotherapist business to a marketing focus along with life-change coaching. To the average person, I probably look much the same now as I did 12 years ago. A bit more aged, hopefully a tad wiser. I never did regain the body I had at 40. Sitting at the computer six to eight hours per day for the last four years has not helped.
I’ve always relied on my natural slimness and vegetarian diet to keep me looking good and being healthy. But two years into my fifties I’ve become painfully aware that something has to change. It’s not enough anymore.
Enter: The DECISION.
I miss being buff! I’ve never needed to diet. I’m still on the low end of the BMR scale. But the time has come to do something drastically different than I’ve ever done before. My goal is to have a muscular, strong and fit body again. Not just a slim one, but one with low body fat and taunt muscles. So I’ve made a commitment to take the Challenge!
After much investigation, the Body By Vi Challenge seemed to be the healthiest organized plan. The Challenge entails committing to reaching a personal health and fitness goal in 90 days, using Body By Vi products along with their computerized individualized meal and workout program. Im telling the truth. I’ve never done anything organized like this before. But like many, I feel a need for some structure in the pursuit of my goal. And there’s another very unique piece.
Those of you who know me, know that I rarely do anything without doing it 100%. I also am a consummate marketer and feel that my business and my income needs to be incorporated into my life and my passions. Fitness and health has been a passion of mine since I was in high school, but it definitely got lost during the last decade of motherhood and entrepreneurial pursuits. For me to focus on my own health, diet and fitness, I need to also have that focus in my business. It just makes sense.
I made the decision last week to establish a health and fitness component in my business life. The day after I did that, my primary network marketing company (that I helped build as a founder, from scratch) announced a shift in their structure, moving to more of a straight commission/direct sales format rather than a traditional MLM format. This was a sign. I could continue to heavily market our Emergency Preparedness products that I so passionately believe should be in every car and household. (And of course the most wonderful Tea and Coffee in the world will still be something I sell). At the same time, I could begin building another network marketing business in an area which would bring me back full circle to my early career as a fitness trainer.
My Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge begins today (Friday September 10, 2010). I have a few friends doing the Challenge as well. They are people who, differently than me, have some serious weight to lose. After the first 30 days we will all evaluate the weight loss and nutritional products, along with the workout/fitness program. If the results are positive Body By Vi will become my new passion.
Anyone can take part in the Body By Vi Challenge. You can be like me and need to lose just 5-7 pounds but want to increase muscle mass and tone. Or you could be someone who needs to seriously lose weight. The program is personalized based on your needs and goals, and the products are some of the highest quality that I’ve seen in this arena. I’ll know more after I’ve had some personal experience with them over the next month.
I am pretty excited that I can potentially bring a facet into my business that will allow me to say that I’m working, when I’m working out!! My brain is on overdrive thinking about all the different avenues I can take this. In by psychotherapy career I have often worked with clients suffering from eating disorders. As a trainer, I have a great deal of knowledge about exercise and health. I love yoga and bringing that type of centered, balancing activity back into my life and also into my business is a wonderful and soothing thought. If I decide to become a promoter of Body By Vi, I will have the privilege of working directly with Melanie Milletics. Melanie and I have been friends for awhile now, and I have admired her work and watched her growth as an internet network marketer, for over two years.
Taking Action (October 6, 2010)
I have not been a diet since I was in my early 20′s. If I tell you how long ago that was, I will be severely dating myself. Regardless, as I grew in maturity, I grew to understand that nutrition and sustainable healthy eating habits are the key to the proper weight and a balanced lifestyle. A diet is so temporary in mindset. But a healthy nutrition mindset and plan can last a lifetime.
So, why did I then embark on the Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge, just four weeks ago? The answer is that I needed a change. I needed a focus. I needed a system that allowed me to lose some excess body fat and to bring fitness and exercise back into my life, full force. The motivational aspect of the Body By Vi Challenge, intrigued me. Winning a cruise wouldn’t be so bad either.
In the past four weeks I’ve lost five pounds and almost four inches. Given that I only needed to lose seven, I am almost there on that front. The next sixty days will be spent really ramping up the weight training, now that my running is smooth and steady for thirty minutes at a time. Time to get buff!
You may be wondering where I’m going with this post and why I am sharing all this somewhat personal information with you. Here is the answer. I have decided after much deliberation, to take on the Body By Vi Challenge and the Visalus company as an addition to my business and my income streams. There is too much that is too good about it, to let the opportunity pass me by. Let me share my list of reasons with you.
1. Doing a business related to fitness requires that I stay fit and maintain a focus of exercise and nutrition in my daily personal life.
2. The 2nd top recruiter for Visalus is a woman whom I’ve admired for two years. We became friends about 15 months ago. I did not think we’d ever have the chance to work together, since we were running on parallel paths. Now we do.
3. Tikanii, the company with whom I have been a founding distributor for the past two years, recently restructured their main product line into a direct sales/affiliate structure. With the elimination of the network marketing aspect, I can continue marketing Tikanii products through a pure internet marketing affiliate platform, while developing a customer base and a downline in a new company, with no conflict of interest nor ethical overlap.
4. The Visalus products have truly benefited me and my family over the last month. My eight year old loves the nutritional shake. She tells her friends that it tastes like ice cream. This helps me get high quality protein into her by sending a Visalus shake in a Thermos in addition to her lunch, for that mid-afternoon energy drop time. I am proud to promote these products to others.
5. Visalus Sciences has the best internet marketing platform for network marketing I have ever seen in all my years in the network marketing industry. It is truly 21st Century and geared towards those who understand the power of the internet and social media.
6. Visalus Sciences is not a binary compensation plan, which many newer companies are choosing because it is easy for them. Binaries will always offer less to the the distributors and more breakage for the company, in the bi/long-term picture. I will only join companies which have a unilevel comp plan with compression, along with other commission structures. Visalus has this.
7. Since making the internal decision to take on this new venture, some top marketers who I have known for long time, have asked to work with me. They too are excited about promoting a product line and a business which resonates with their own personal goals of healthy weight and a high level of fitness. Before I even announce my decision publicly, the universe appears to be aligning and saying YES, this is a great direction for you!
8. In just two weeks quietly promoting the Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge offline, I have accumulated over $700 in sales. In fact of the four people I have spoken to, 100% decided to take on the Challenge and reach for their own health and nutrition goals.
9. I feel excited with a deep knowing that this path is the next step in achieving financial independence. The last two years have brought amazing insights, experiences, growth and a nice income into my life. Body By Vi will build on all of that and be the final leg in the achievement of my Why.
So there you have it. The place is Visalus and the Body By Vi Challenge. The nice girl is here as a promoter of the Challenge with the hopes of helping many reach their dreams of health, vitality and financial freedom. The bigger picture is this:
If I help one person lose weight and become more healthy, and that person tells a friend who tells another friend and they lose weight and become more healthy too, imagine what will happen over time? The latest statistics from the US government indicate that 70% of the US population is overweight, with half of those being obese. The expectation is that by 2012 that number will reach 75%. Three quarters of the US population overweight, with the associated increase in diabetes, heart di-sease and other diseases related to too much fat!! Can I help change that statistic? Maybe. It sure feels good to try.
or Better Yet – Call
Update (November 12, 2010)
In two short, exciting months I have lost 8 pounds and 5 1/2 inches from my waist and hips.
I’ve earned a FREE Black Visalus BMW and close to $1000 in my first month as a Promoter of the Challenge.
Update (November 20, 2011)
What an incredible trip it’s been. It is amazing to realize that this adventure started just over a year ago. In that time I lost 10 pounds total in my first 90 day challenge and dropped to a size 0! It’s hard to describe how fun it is to go shopping when everything looks good. I am presently on my third official 90 day challenge with the goal of running my first 5K. I am not a runner, so this is a good challenge for me. I started off running an embarrassing 14 minute mile, and today it was down to 11:45. That’s not bad for a 52.5 year old non-runner woman!
The rewards of building a Body By Vi Business have been great financially and professionally. I have completely replaced and surpassed my highest full time income as a private practice psychotherapist. I spend at least 50% of my time coaching and training others to fulfill their potential and/or improve their health. The feeling in my heart from helping people make these changes is so vast as to be indescribable!
I no longer work any other business, online or offline. Over time it became obvious that the energy and time were not worth the gains and the frustration. Promoting the Body By Vi Challenge with Visalus Sciences feels like the light at the end of a very long tunnel. We are happy. We are healthy. We are wealthy and we are fulfilling our dream of changing the lives of others. The story keeps unfolding as we come to the end of 2011 and move into 2012. By this time next year I will be at least a 1 star Ambassador with Visalus Sciences, though I’m guessing it will be more likely a 2 star. So stay tuned for developments as they unfold.
Contact me directly at email@example.com if you’d like to join us on this amazing journey. We have a space just for you.